Don't Cry Joni and Jimmy

I've made a narrative text. This story was taken from the lyrics of an old song. It is called Don't Cry Joni by Conway Twitty. Actually, I made the story from that lyrics because my English teacher asked his students to write a story from that lyrics. I also post this to my wordpress page http://rismahanday.wordpress.com .So this is the story...




Don't Cry Joni and Jimmy

Once upon a time in Texas City, lived a girl and a boy. The girl was named Joni and the boy was named Jimmy. Joni was the girl who lived next Jimmy's door. Jimmy had known her more than 10 years. He knew her very well.

They were in love. The happiness was only theirs until the day when Jimmy told what he had to say to Joni. Joni was crying when he heard about the departure of Jimmy. Then she wrote a note to Jimmy...


Dear Jimmy,
We've known each other for 10 years. But why? Why you wish to leave me? I'm alone if you're not around me. I will be thinking of you all night long. I'm scared.... I'm depressed.... I'm sad.... I'm disappointed.....
What makes you want to leave Texas and me?
Please... don't leave me alone




-Joni-

After Jimmy has read her note, he went over to Joni's house. Jimmy was surprised when he saw Joni was crying and her tear fell like rain that day. Jimmy hugged Joni and he explained to her, "Joni, I have to leave Texas. I'm 22 years old now and I can't find a job in Texas. I have to find a job to get a better life. So, I will move to New York. Anyway, you'll forget me and I just can't wait for you anymore."

Joni was really sad after hearing what Jimmy said to her. The next day, Jimmy moved to New York. Soon or later, Joni had forgotten her memories with Jimmy, like Jimmy had said to her.

Seven years later, Jimmy couldn't forget his memories with Joni and then he decided to go back to Texas. He missed Joni and he would ask Joni to marry him. After Jimmy arrived in Texas, he ran all the way to Joni's house.

But, things weren't like they were before. He was so surprised when he saw Joni lived with a man whom he knew very well. The man was John, Jimmy's best friend. Jimmy wanted an explanation from them. Joni, who had turned into a beautiful woman explained, "Oh, Hi Jimmy! Long time no see. I thought you would never come back here again. You've forgotten me anyway. Like you said before, I had forgotten all the things that we've been through. Jimmy, please don't cry. I married your best friend. I hope you'll find another woman and I hope you'll get a better life in New York. Thank you for everything."

Then Jimmy decided to go back to New York with sadness that he brought with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Pemain Sepak Bola Terganteng Menurut Versi Saya (Tahun 2013)

Lagu Nina Bobo Terseram di Dunia